who we are
Habitat for Humanity of Grant County is committed to building the quality of life, health, and economic prosperity of the Grant County region by producing, preserving, and advocating for affordable homeownership – because homes and families are the foundation of successful communities.
Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity builds homes, communities, and hope.
A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ
Focus on Shelter
Advocate for affordable housing
Promote dignity and hope
Support sustainable and transformative development
Habitat for Humanity and its affiliate organizations will not proselytize. Nor will Habitat work with entities or individuals who insist on proselytizing as part of their work with Habitat. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must adhere to or convert to a particular faith or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.
Office: (765) 662-1552
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Mia Erickson, Whitnell
Andrea Rademaker, Huhtamaki
Doug Bryant, Rea Logan & Co
Jesse Harrison, MGH/Crothall
Sandy Beuoy, First Farmers Bank
Cammie Conrad, National Machine & Conveyor
Dr. John Krumanaker, Progressive Dental
Rich Lacy, Norris Insurance
Laura Riggs, The Center Group
Jerry Whitton, Retired Educator
Dan Young, Kingdom Roofing
History of Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity was first imagined at Koinonia Farm in Americus, Georgia. Founded by farmer and biblical scholar Clarence Jordan in 1942, Koinonia Farm was committed to community and racial equity.
In 1973 at Koinonia Farm, Jordan and Millard and Linda Fuller developed the concept of “partnership housing,” which emphasized people working side by side to build decent, affordable homes. From that idea, Habitat for Humanity International was founded in 1976. Today, Habitat affiliates work in more than 1,400 communities and 70 countries.
Habitat for Humanity of Grant County was established in 1992 by Edwin D Pirl. Since then, more than 54 families have partnered with us to achieve affordable homeownership.